Here’s a simple meal plan for the next two weeks. I tried to focus on less meat and in-season produce such as butternut squash. I’ve linked some of the recipes, I’ve mentioned before how much I love SkinnyTaste for recipes and had the pleasure of meeting Gina Homolka in Puerto Rico and getting her book autographed. I always turn to her page for inspiration and finding delicious and light meals.
- “Mediterranean” chicken strips with tzatziki and cucumber and tomato salad.
- Harvest Cobb Salad (I’m using chicken instead of turkey and turkey bacon in lieu of center-cut)
- Turkey and Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers with salad
- Oven baked chicken tenders with mashed sweet potatoes
- Korean Grilled Chicken Breast with brown rice (I make these in a skillet as we don’t have a grill)
- Jambalaya with fried egg – I purchased a Jambalaya rice and seasonings mix bag at Lyman Orchards last week and am very excited to try this.
- Trader Joe’s Mandarin Orange Chicken with brown rice and vegetables.
- Portobello Fajitas – I couldn’t find good avocados so I’ll be making my easy homemade refried beans (video coming soon, promise) .
- Vegetarian Tex-Mex Salad with homemade honey mustard dressing (Hubby and I have been using this fool-proof recipe for years)
- Chicken with mushrooms and garlic in a white wine and butter sauce over capellini.
- Sautéed chicken with shredded Brussel sprouts (EVOO, S&P, dried cranberries)
- Baked Potato Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Chicken Vindaloo with sweet mini peppers and brown rice. (We love the Maya Kaimal sauces from Costco)
I’m excited for this meal plan as it includes some new recipes we’ve never tried like stuffed peppers and brings back some meals we’ve had and loved in the past such as the Korean chicken.
Lunches are leftovers, salads with veggie patties, or sandwiches.
Breakfasts are smoothies, eggs, toast, oatmeal or cereal.
Next weekend I might need to purchase greens and onions but hopefully we’re set for two weeks.
What are some of your favorite fall recipes? Let me know in the comments below!
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.