Do you ever feel like life is sort of getting away from you?
I remember when I wasn’t working outside the home and could spend so much time dedicated to both homemaking and working on my blog. Now, if I make it home by 7:00pm, I’m lucky. Doctoral internship has definitely been a change, for better or for worse it must get done and it inspires me to know that there is an end date. Don’t get me wrong, I am beyond grateful for the opportunity and the training I am receiving truly is one-of-a-king, but, I’m exhausted all of the time. Add to that the fact that I’m still finishing my doctoral dissertation….it hasn’t been easy. Hence the reason my last two posts have been recipes.
Amongst the challenges I’ve been facing are:
- Meal planning for mostly crockpot meals. Variety is an issue as I don’t eat beef or pork and hubby gets tired of chicken.
- Scheduling my meals.
- Staying on top of laundry.
- Staying on top of housework (cleaning!!!).
- Making time for us as a couple. – It’s difficult when I’m working outside the home all week and come the weekend my husband is going stir-crazy from working at home all week but we/I have homemaking duties to do as well as work from internship or dissertation.
- Staying on budget. CT collects tax from stipends, our monthly income is now less than we thought.
I need more coffee.
What’s been going on with you guys?