Hello everyone, after realizing that I was short on some basic ingredients yesterday (onions, garlic, etc.)
we I decided we needed to go to the grocery store. As much as it sometimes pains me, I decided to re-plan the remainder of this week and stretch out the plan until August 26. Like I’ve said, we don’t always follow 100%, some days we do a late lunch and then have a snack in the afternoon, sometimes we have leftovers that we weren’t counting on, etc. Back in Puerto Rico I would cook bigger amounts and save leftovers for 2+ additional meals, but now in Connecticut I don’t have the fridge space for it nor do I have all of my tupperware containers yet (or some pots and pans for that matter). After the first week of August I’m going to try a week of freezer cooking since I’ll be working outside the home and though my husband will be working from home, he won’t have the time to cook a lot meals from start to finish. So, we’re expecting a change in September but we’re waiting to see how it goes and how we plan for that new season.
Anyways, enough of my blabbering. Here is the menu plan for August 17 – 26. Oh, before I forget, I did not include breakfast in this menu plan. Since it’s just the two of us we’re pretty consistent with breakfast and usually have the same things. So this time I’ve omitted it. At the end of the menu plan you’ll find a quick grocery haul video.
Wednesday, August 17
- Lunch:Trader Joe’s Spinach tortellini with EVOO, basil and onions.
- Dinner: Arugula salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette and garlic shrimp
Thursday, August 18
- Lunch: Green salad with chicken florentine sausages
- Dinner: Veggie Fried Rice + vegetable potstickers
Friday, August 19
- Lunch: Quinoa and Garbanzo Salad
- Dinner: Bruschetta
Saturday, August 20
- Brunch: Veggie Omelettes
- Dinner: Crockpot Italian Sloppy Joes
Sunday, August 21
- Lunch: Leftover Sloppy Joe turkey meat over salad.
- Dinner: Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken over Jasmine rice
Monday, August 22
- Lunch: Leftover sesame chicken over salad
- Dinner: Balsamic Chicken with roasted vegetables (I’m adding fingerling potatoes for a one-pan meal)
Tuesday, August 23
- Lunch: Green salad with vegetarian tamales
- Dinner: Turkey Chili (I add beans to it and hence, about 1/2 cup more of stock or water)
Wednesday, August 24
- Lunch: Cobb salad (with deli turkey instead of bacon….so technically it may be a Chef’s salad)
- Dinner: Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken over Jasmine rice
Thursday, August 25
- Brunch: Veggie omelettes
- Dinner: Turkey Pesto Meatballs over spaghetti (We’ve been making this recipe since around 2009, I think it was the first meal we cooked together, it’s very comforting!)
Friday, August 26
- Lunch: Leftovers
- Dinner: Burrito bowls (Rice for hubby, salad for me and whatever fix-ins we have on hand).
This menu plan goes up until the 26 since on the 27th I’ll only buy a few things for that week. My best friend arrives from Puerto Rico on September 2nd and we’re driving up to Canada for Labor Day weekend (coincidentally, my birthday is over the weekend). Maybe the 27th I’ll try freezer cooking and make a few meals ahead, still working out the details.
In the meantime, here’s the grocery haul video. I’d love to hear feedback from you guys if you’re enjoying the videos and if there’s any requests for any topic here on the blog.
I look forward to hearing from you guys. Are you liking the new website?
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.