Hello everyone, I hope you’re doing well. Today I woke up wanting to write. Thankful FriYAY is a space to 1) Celebrate the beginning of the weekend and 2) Think back on small (or big) things that happened during the week that we are thankful for. I believe this is a great exercise to head into the weekend with a thankful and positive outlook and grateful heart, which in turn positively impacts our homemaking and relationships.
Sure we all have stressful weeks, and who knows maybe you only have one thing to be thankful for, but that’s what it’s all about. It’s important to take the time to think back and realize that amidst the stress and routine we always have something to be thankful for….besides it being Friday.
- I’m thankful we were accepted at the apartment we wanted. The location and amenities are perfect for us in this season of life.
- I’m thankful that Oliver is now officially registered as my Emotional Support Animal.
- I’m thankful we’ve had great luck selling things before the move. This includes our only car (we’re getting a new one in CT), dining set, Kitchen Aid stand mixer, crock pot, Nespresso Pixie coffeemaker and my portable elliptical.
- I’m thankful our leasing agent has been so responsive and attentive. It makes doing this process from a distance so much easier.
- Now that we’re four weeks away from the big move, I’m thankful for having matched at my internship site. I’m so excited to begin this new adventure.
- I’m thankful that my husband is a software engineer because guess whose blog is getting redesigned soon? 😉
- I’m thankful to have a husband as motivated and intentional as I am about creating the foundation for a strong life-long marriage while being newlyweds. We’re currently doing Beating50Percent‘s 7-Day Marriage Challenge. Day 1 consisted of a question, video and an assignment to re-read our vows. It was so special.
- Lastly, I’m thankful I’ve found this amazing online community. I’ve found amazing resources and have learned so much more than I could’ve imagined.
What are you thankful for this week? Any plans for the weekend?
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.