Hello everyone, I haven’t posted in a few days and I miss it. I’ve had a very hectic week, I presented my dissertation colloquium on Tuesday (spent all weekend preparing it and practicing), then I had a few cases to supervise and lastly all yesterday and today I’ve been at the pediatric rehabilitation center where I do my main clinical practice closing up all of my cases and auditing case files so everything is set when I depart. Today is my last day there and after two years, to say I’m going to miss it is an understatement.
Anyways, after today there will be a certain level of peace. I still have to go one more time to my school on Tuesday to make sure everything is set before we leave for CT. I need to revise chapters 1 and 2 of my dissertation and hand in copies along with the document stating that I approved my colloquium. Also, we leave for CT the 11th. We’re also waiting to hear back from an apartment we applied to. It’s crazy over here.
Still, I need to concentrate on homemaking. If anything, it’s my “me” time. So here are my goals for next week:
- Not buy any groceries (except coconut milk) and start using up everything that we have in order to empty out our fridge before we move.
- Finish reading “Living a Beautiful Life on Less: The Blissful and Domestic Guide to Food, Fun, and Finances” by Danielle, and do a blog post regarding things I learned/loved.
- Make a list of basic necessities we need to purchase when we arrive in CT since our furniture and boxes will arrive by the end of August/beginning of September.
- Get up to date on Homemaking Foundations Podcast and My Homemaking Mentor Training Academy.
- Go to TJ Maxx and Marshall’s (both are within walking distance of my apartment) and see if I can find some deals that will help me face the New England fall. Remember, I’m from the Caribbean, anything below 75*F is basically Arendelle for me.
Hope everyone has an awesome 4th of July weekend. We always celebrate big, my dad is very patriotic and his birthday is July 3rd coincidentally.
Do you have a to-do list for next week?
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.